MISSOURI GAY RODEO ASSOCIATION, INC.
To produce MGRA’s Show-Me State Rodeo, promote the country-western lifestyle in our community, support organizations who benefit the LGBT community and support our community as a whole through amateur sportsmanship, education, participation, competition and recognition.
MGRA achieves this mission by:
- Performing charitable duties for the surrounding area through fundraisers, rodeos, etc, for any charitable organization that the general membership of the corporation should choose.
- Producing a group of well-rounded individuals interested in western related events (rodeos, horseback riding, square/western dancing, etc).
- Being an organization for the entire community, barring all prejudices to sex, national origin, sexual preferences, gender expression, religion, race or any other prejudices the organization may encounter.
- Establishing a base organization in which members collectively communicate and work
with each other.
- Promoting and supporting gay rodeo or gay country-western related events held
- Maintain a group of people who collectively work on fundraising events and organizational activities who are both professional and proficient.
- Acting as a not-for-profit organization and to function in a 501(c) (3) capacity, maintaining at all times, a federal tax-exempt I.D. number.
- Affiliating itself with and following the guidelines and rules of the International Gay Rodeo Association, Inc. (IGRA) and other states’ organizations that adhere to the objectives and purpose of this organization.